How to request an official UNCG transcript
The University Registrar’s Office provides transcripts of a student’s official UNCG academic record upon request. Former UNCG students are not required to send UNCG transcripts to UNCG for admission purposes.
Current and former students can order transcripts online through the National Student Clearinghouse to be sent to the receiving institution electronically or picked up in person at the University Registrar’s Office. Third parties must follow a different process. More information is listed below.
Before ordering transcripts
Students should take the following steps to avoid delays in their transcript requests:
- Check for and resolve any holds on the UNCG student account. (Holds will prevent students from ordering transcripts.)
- Confirm the transcript format needed by the receiving institution. Not all schools/organizations will accept PDF transcripts, so students may need to make arrangements for official printed copies.
Online transcript requests
Current or former UNCG students may request transcripts online through the National Student Clearinghouse. The charge for the official transcript is $12.00 plus a $2.50 processing fee.
- Select whether to send the transcript electronically to the receiving institution or pick up a printed transcript.
- Pay via credit or debit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa).
- Requests are processed within 3-5 business days.
- Students will receive an email notification when the transcript has been processed for delivery.
- Students have thirty (30) days to follow up with the receiving institution to confirm that their transcripts have been received. Students should reach out to the receiving institution within a week of transcript request.
If a hard copy was requested for pick up in person
Students should stop by the Registrar’s Office, located at 180 Mossman Building, during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). Do not open the envelope containing printed transcripts or the receiving institution may no longer consider them official.
Third party authorization
Third party inquiries are required to submit additional paperwork to the University Registrar’s Office to confirm the student has given consent for release of their education records.
A designated third party must present a Student Consent to Disclose Education Records form at time of pickup, or the student must email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org before pickup. The person picking up the transcript on the student’s behalf must present a valid photo ID.
How to print an unofficial transcript
Students who attended UNCG after Spring 1988 may view and print copies of their unofficial transcript through UNCGenie. To view and print the transcript, follow these steps: