An enrollment verification is an official document that shows a student’s enrollment status. (It includes dates attended and expected graduation date, but no academic information like GPA or degree program.)
Students may need to provide enrollment verification to third parties for scholarship purposes, medical coverage, loan deferments, jury duty, car insurance, etc. Verifications are available two weeks after classes begin and can be printed directly from the student’s UNCGenie account.
Current students may print an enrollment verification via UNCGenie using the following steps:
Important: Disable the use of pop-off blockers when following these steps
- Go to UNCGenie and log in using your Student ID number and PIN.
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid.
- Click on Student Records.
- Click on Enrollment Verifications via Clearinghouse Student Self Service.
- Enter your name, date of birth, and social security number. Click Login.
- Choose current enrollment or all enrollment and click on “Obtain an enrollment certificate.”
- The enrollment certificate will display as a PDF document. Click on the Printer icon to print the certificate.
- Select the Close command to close the certificate.
- Click on the Logoff button to exit the Clearinghouse
- Exit UNCGenie by clicking on EXIT in the top right corner of the screen.
UNCG works with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide all official degree and enrollment verifications. Past students will need their UNCG Student ID.
To verify enrollment please click here.
For enrollment verifications for military-affiliated purposes click here